Monday 12 August 2013

Iconic Insight: Marilyn Monroe

Photo Credit
 Marilyn Monroe may have been the greatest sex symbol of all time. She had a look that defined Hollywood glamour, and a personality that could smite anyone she chose. The media portrayed her to be the stereotypical dumb blonde, but that was far from the truth. She offered some insight for almost every moment she experienced.  Here's something I think we all can learn from her.

You're worth the hype!

Being women, we are naturally hard to handle. We see the world differently than men do, we all know that. Everyone has been through certain things in life that help shape who they are and how they handle certain situations; whether it is good or bad. If someone truly loves you, they should be willing to deal with all shades of your personality; not just the ones they were initially attracted to.  One of the worst feelings in the world is to be misunderstood by people who claim to love you. This is how Marilyn felt her entire career. Those who knew her said that she spent a lot of days unhappy. Who would've known! Don't waste your time on friends, family, or significant others that aren't willing to accept the not so perfect aspects of you!

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 

― Marilyn Monroe




No comments:

Post a Comment